I don’t know about you, but I love a good fitness “hack”! I know from experience that I am a happier, nicer person when I get my body moving once a day. Nothing beats the blues like a good sweat. Endorphins start pumping and I feel on top of the world. It’s not always easy to get and stay motivated though. With schedules and the craziness of life, I need all the help I can get to stay active and healthy. So if I can find an “easier” more convenient way to fit my fitness in, I’m all about it! Here’s some fitness “hacks” that I use.
1. Make a schedule and stick to it
– Pick a cute notebook that has a calendar in it. And yes, it matters what it looks like. If it’s not fun you’re not going to want to use it.
– Every Sunday night or Monday morning, schedule your week out so that you have a set time to get moving!
2. Make a goal
– Think of a small goal that you can reach in a month. Write it down!
– Some examples of goals to aspire to: Run for just one minute. Add one minute every day; Hold a handstand against the wall for one minute; Make it FUN!
3. Create an AMAZING playlist
– Find all the raddest songs and make a playlist that will last 20 minutes. Then MOVE for 20 minutes.
– Choose a “pump up song”! Do you have that one song that gets your blood pumping and makes you want to sing? Throw it in the playlist and when you need a boost in your workout, start that bad boy up and MOVE!
4. Find your favorite way to move
– Rollerblade, jumping on the trampoline, slip and slide, running, biking.
– During each commercial break of your favorite show, do an exercise! Push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, squats.
HAVE FUN finding new ways to stay healthy and happy!