I was at the MTC for three weeks and it took me a while to learn the tricks of the trade, so I thought I would share them with you so you’ll be in the know.
Things To Do Before You Arrive
- Memorize and study scriptures because personal study is actually to study for your investigators, not for yourself.
- Memorize Our Purpose found in Preach My Gospel.
- Memorize D&C 4.
- Memorize the first vision.
Things To Do When You Get There
- Work out in building 2M. They play movies there, so bring earbuds. Plus there is a scale in there.
- There are scales in the cleaning supply closets of your building to weigh your luggage before you go.
- If you feel too lazy to get dressed or you are in a hurry, you can get sack breakfasts.
- The laundry room is the only place you can send pictures. You can save time by emailing while doing laundry.
- If you have people write you through Dear Elder, you can read letters throughout the week instead of waiting until p-day.
- Get a clip attachment for your key and ID from the bookstore ASAP to make your life easier.
- If you’re going to get alterations, don’t procrastinate. You can get things hemmed and altered at the MTC, but they need at least a week to do them.
- Take showers in the back corner shower so that the water doesn’t spray all over your towel, clothes, etc.
- Bring flip flops for the bathroom.
- Make it through the first Sunday and you’ll be good. (Everyone will tell you this, but it’s true)
- Bring a water bottle.
- Watch a video at the MTC called Character of Christ by Elder David A. Bednar. It’s really good!
- Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone…everyone feels awkward, don’t worry.
Have fun, the MTC is an awesome place!
Make sure to check out 48 modest missionary outfits here and how to best prepare for mission here.
Post By Sister Rachel Jorgensen